ERPnext - Create contact doesn't insert email address or phone number

Describe the issue/error/question

Hi,
I’m trying to insert a new contact via the ERPnext node. Unfortunatly, it doesn’t insert the email address and the phone number of the contact.

Here is the node:

I tried inserting the email via the “Contact Email” DocType but that doesn’t seem to be working eather. Here I’m getting the following error message:

{
"message": "DocType unavailable."
}

Here is the config of the “Contact Email” node:

Hi @renetheastronaut, I am very sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

I signed up for a new cloud account on erpnext.com and was able to reproduce this problem. The node would fetch the properties directly from the ERPNext API, so I am a bit puzzled as to what’s causing this behaviour. Perhaps @Jon can take a look into what our node is doing wrong here?

2 Likes

Morning,

I have created a ticket internally for this one which we will be tracking as N8N-5277.

3 Likes

Awesome. Thanks for the quick reply. Is it possible to get updates as soon as this is fixed? :slight_smile:

Hey @renetheastronaut,

No problem at all, Once it is fixed I will drop a note on here so you know.

1 Like

Hi guys, has this issue been resolved?

I’m looking forward to implementing this integration, and it would be extremely useful to know if at the moment it works or now.
Thanks!

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply. I haven’t tested it since I posted this. If it still doesn’t work, you can try a custom request using the HTTP node. Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks!
René

It’s a child doctype you can’t insert it directly. We can only insert the parent. But n8n seems to have a problem with child doctypes.

For instance, we can create an Item record. But we can’t create a Contact because Contact requires an Contact Email and we can’t set it with n8n.

One person can have several email addresses.