ERROR: Can’t get data for expression under ‘Values to Set > String’ field

Describe the problem/error/question

I am getting an error (see below) from the Set node. If I read correctly, it says it needs data from another node (aggregateTravelParty). But this node is not anyhow connected to this Set node.

There are some weird symptoms:

1. The whole workflow works if only one item is in the node preceding (getTravelParty) the aggregateTravelParty node.
  2. If I remove the third string in the set node – the key is fldUL66oGkNJ082c1, the error moves to the Filter node (the error message remains the same).

I really don’t have any idea what to do or test – or just where to start with debugging.
Thanks for any comments.
H.

What is the error message (if any)?

ERROR: Can’t get data for expression under ‘Values to Set > String’ field
To fetch the data from other nodes that this expression needs, more information is needed from the node ‘aggregateTravelParty’

Please share your workflow

I will share it in another comment as I reach the character limit… UPDATE: needed to share it in a gist: n8n-error-set-node-230617 · GitHub

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: present in both the lastest and the next
  • Database (default: SQLite): default
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): main
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): Docker
  • Operating system: MacOS

Hello, I resolved the issue.

$('Webhook').item.json.body.notifyTravelParty → This doesn’t work.
$('Webhook').first().json.body.notifyTravelParty → This works.

I still don’t understand the error message and why this happens – I think I used the first version, but this might be different.

12 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.