ERROR: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'data')

Problem description

When I try to check the executions of any workflow, they constantly show messages with the errors like in the image below. Everytime this errors are shown, the executions page is refreshed. If I try to click on the execution to check it on the workflow, after a few seconds, it shows the error again and refreshes the execution page.
If I click on the Editor tab, after a few seconds, it is automatically redirected to the executions page and start that refresh behavior again.

Error messages

Message 1
“Problem loading data: Cannot read properties of null (reading ‘data’)”

Message 2
“Problem loading data: Cannot destructure property ‘data’ of ‘object null’ as it is null.”

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 1.29.1
  • Database (default: SQLite): postgresdb
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): queue
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): k8s
  • Operating system: linux

Hey @Guilherme_Chagas,

Welcome to the community :tada:

I am not able to reproduce this on my own queue mode instance of n8n, Can you try restarting your main instance of n8n and see if that changes anything.

When you do see this error is there any log error from n8n?

Hello @Jon!
Thank you!

Restarting the main instance of n8n doesn’t seem to fix the issue.
The logs are the same as the UI ones:

TypeError: Cannot destructure property ‘data’ of ‘object null’ as it is null.
TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading ‘data’)

Hey @Guilherme_Chagas,

That is interesting, You don’t have 2 main instances of n8n running do you?

We are currently using only 1 main instance, 2 webhook, and 30 workers. Does this info help?

Hey @Guilherme_Chagas,

Annoyingly it doesn’t, It sounds like the UI is maybe showing a record that doesn’t exist in the database which is why it can’t be loaded or maybe the execution never started properly.

Does this happen for all executions or just specific ones? Normally I would suggest checking the logs for the workers but with 30 it would take a while to check them all.