ERROR: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'name')

The error I’m receiving ERROR: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'name')

When I’m executing the node manually everything works fine. When I execute the whole workflow manually, it throws the error.

Any idea how to fix this?

What ‘name’ is it trying to read?

Hi @donniedarkowindsalt :wave: Could you share your entire workflow with us, as well as this information:

  • n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

from the partial stack that’s visible in the screenshot, I’m guessing the issue is on this line.

But, to be able to even try to fix this (in general any issue like this), we need

  1. The full stack as text from the bottom right panel.
  2. a sample workflow to reproduce this.

I had the same error, when the workflow was triggering a workflow created under another user account on the same community instance.
Recreating the referenced workflow under the same account as the other parts solved the problem.

version: 0.222.3

Hi,

Had the same problem just now, using an IF node to process the output of an XML to JSON node. Got exactly the same error. Think it’s a n8n bug. Admittedly, this is an older version of n8n, so maybe this has been fixed by now.

I solved it by putting a SET node in-between, and then had the IF node process the output from the SET node, which worked.

Kind regards,

Jos

I had this error, I had originally had the workflow triggering another workflow or vice versa, I ended up deleting that node, then when I went to activate it, I got this error.

I ended up downloading the workflow, creating a new workflow from scratch and importing from file.

I was able to activate the new workflow without issue. I don’t know if duplicating it would work, but this was the fix that vexed me all morning

Its a bit of a recurring problem but when it pops up, i duplicate the trigger node, delete the original and connect the duplicate node and then activate, seems to work