Error deploying N8N to Digital ocean

Hello,
I am having an issue while trying to install n8n on digital ocean droplet, The issue occur while trying to start n8n with caddy “sudo docker compose up -d”

Below is the error message:
Error response from daemon: failed to create shim task: OCI runtime create failed: runc create failed: unable to start container process: error during container init: error mounting “//n8n-docker-caddy/caddy_config/Caddyfile” to rootfs at “/etc/caddy/Caddyfile”: mount //n8n-docker-caddy/caddy_config/Caddyfile:/etc/caddy/Caddyfile (via /proc/self/fd/6), flags: 0x5000: not a directory: unknown: Are you trying to mount a directory onto a file (or vice-versa)? Check if the specified host path exists and is the expected type

Can someone please help with this?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @meena :wave: Welcome to the community :tada:

While I’m not someone who uses DigitalOcean, taking a look at this part of your error message:

Are you trying to mount a directory onto a file (or vice-versa)? Check if the specified host path exists and is the expected type

Can you confirm whether /root/n8n-docker-caddy/caddy_config/Caddyfile exists in your droplet? Running cat /root/n8n-docker-caddy/caddy_config/Caddyfile would let you see the file content if it exists.

Hi @EmeraldHerald,

Thanks for your kind support.

Yes, It does exist and I’ve edited it with my subdomain link.

Hey @meena,

Can you check the data_path in your .env it looks like the value you have there is invalid.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.