ERROR: getaddrinfo EAI_AGAIN db.fj*******ts.supabase.co

Hi all!
In recent days, when triggering processes with the postgres node, the following error began to appear: ERROR: getaddrinfo EAI_AGAIN db.fj*******ts.supabase.co.
I use Supabase in their cloud, my own n8n server (vds).
I contacted their technical support, they said that this is on the side of my server, but I can’t understand where to dig further.
Perhaps someone faced a similar problem and solved it?

Hey @Roket,

That looks like a DNS issue and the n8n server is not able to resolve the hostname, It would be worth looking into the network setup on your n8n server and make sure the DNS server is correctly set.

1 Like

Hey @Jon !
Thanks for your feedback! I will try to figure out my problem with my server provider.

1 Like

Hey @Roket,

Are you using docker or npm? If you are using docker it could be an issue there as well but normally with DNS you can set up your server to use a specific DNS provider.

1 Like

We have npm. I made a request to the server provider, I’m waiting for a response from them. As soon as there is information, I will immediately write here.

Sounds good to me although it is not really an issue with the server itself it will be an issue with the OS on the server, I am not sure what sort of support agreement you have with the provider but OS side issues tend to be with the customer not the provider.

What OS are you running on the server and have you checked the OS logs to see if they show anything?

1 Like

Right now I received a response from the provider.
He has set up public DNS servers on our server and asks me to test and try to catch the same error.
Now I will test. I’ll give an answer later.

1 Like

Ah perfect that is nice of them :slight_smile:

1 Like