ERROR: Maximum call stack size exceeded

Describe the problem/error/question

Hi Team,
I am facing an issue with the version 1.22.6 where it shows ERROR: Maximum call stack size exceeded error on the node.

What is the error message (if any)?

RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded
    at cleanupData (/n8n/packages/nodes-base/nodes/FunctionItem/FunctionItem.node.ts:71:23)
    at /n8n/packages/nodes-base/nodes/FunctionItem/FunctionItem.node.ts:76:24
    at Array.map (<anonymous>)
    at cleanupData (/n8n/packages/nodes-base/nodes/FunctionItem/FunctionItem.node.ts:72:27)
    at cleanupData (/n8n/packages/nodes-base/nodes/FunctionItem/FunctionItem.node.ts:72:27)

Please share your workflow

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 1.22.6
  • Database (default: SQLite): PostGres
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): docker
  • Operating system: MAC

Hey @Gouravdev,

I would maybe try swapping out the function item node for a code node and see if that helps, if it doesn’t it would be worth an upgrade as we have fixed a few of those errors recently.

swapping out the function item node for a code node

which function item you’re talking about??

Hey @Gouravdev,

In your workflow you have a function item node, These are the nodes you have the code in.

Thanks @Jon
I have figure out the solution and fixed it but with 1.22.6 I have found other issue.

I don’t understand why it is mandatory to execute the node first as it will be set only if the condition fullfil.

Can you please help here
thanks in advance !!

Hey @Gouravdev,

The node needs to run so it can get the data from it, I would change from $node to $('nodename') as well.

But like you see it will only run if the condition get fulfil

Hey @Gouravdev,

But you are still referencing the value and for that value to exist the node still needs to run. We also have pagination built into the http request node so it could be worth thinking about using that instead.

The same workflow is working fine on version 0.234.1

My point is here, if the pageToken value is not present {{$node["Set setNextPage"].json["pageToken"]}} then it should pass as empty like it’s happening in the reference recording, but why it’s not working with the version 1.22.6

May you please check this case.

Thanks

Hey @Gouravdev,

We changed how some things work from version 1, This is documented in tge v1 migration guide here: n8n v1.0 migration guide | n8n Docs

You may need to rework some of your workflows because of this change.

Okay @Jon
One more thing, is there any change for the mailchimp nodes too? like to get the credentials and all?

Hey @Gouravdev,

Can you be more specific?

@Jon,

Essentially, we require the contact list ID from Mailchimp, but we’re encountering difficulty obtaining it with version 1.22.6.

Presently, we’re retrieving the list ID from Mailchimp using its nodes. Consequently, I’m inquiring whether there have been any alterations to the current Mailchimp node.

Hey @Gouravdev,

Can you explain what the issue is you are seeing? Looks like the last Mailchimp node update was in 0.214.0 which fixed an issue with the trigger node.