Error on uploading to OneDrive a file with Cyrillic in the name

Good afternoon, everyone. Can you tell me what it may be - when I upload a file to OneDrive a file with Cyrillic in the name, it gives an error. If there are no such characters, everything is uploaded perfectly.
Note that this did not happen with Make.com.

Thank you.
Regards, Alexandr.

Hey @asuhan,

What is the error message you are getting?

Hi, Jon.
{“code”:“ERR_UNESCAPED_CHARACTERS”,“cause”:{“code”:“ERR_UNESCAPED_CHARACTERS”},“error”:{“code”:“ERR_UNESCAPED_CHARACTERS”},“options”:{}}

Hi @asuhan,

Is that the full error?

There’s also this. Nothing else…

NodeApiError: UNKNOWN ERROR - check the detailed error for more information
    at Object.microsoftApiRequest (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/Microsoft/OneDrive/GenericFunctions.js:29:15)
    at async Object.execute (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/Microsoft/OneDrive/MicrosoftOneDrive.node.js:149:44)
    at async /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/src/WorkflowExecute.js:454:47

Thank you.
Regards, Alexandr.

Well that is annoyingly unhelpful :slight_smile:

I will need to give it a test tomorrow unless someone gets to it first.

Thank you very much. I look forward to it.

Respectfully, Aleksandr.

Good afternoon, Jon. Sorry to remind you - you didn’t have a chance to check? It’s very important to me…

Thank you.
Regards, Aleksandr.

Hey @asuhan,

Not forgotten just had a small queue of other bits to get through. I have a reminder set to check this one Tuesday.

Thank you so much!

Good afternoon, Jon. When will you be able to see it?

Thank you.

Hey @asuhan,

Signed up for a one drive account this afternoon after getting many reminder notifications to tell me to check this.

Will have an update tomorrow morning :+1:

Thank you very much, Jon. Sorry for the importunity.

Good afternoon, Jon. I updated to version 0.173.1.
The same - the file with the name in English loads without problems, the same file, but with the name in Cyrillic - no.
Please look at what may be the problem. If it is a limitation of OneDrive (which is unlikely, since such files can be downloaded in other ways without problems) I’d rather change my cloud storage system than the n8n.
Thanks.
With respect and hope to win,
Aleksandr.

Morning @asuhan,

Reproduced the issue, Will check the API docs to see if we need to do anything special.

Hey @asuhan,

Put in a pull request which can be found here: n8n-3433 Fixes onedrive uploads with special characters in the name by Joffcom · Pull Request #3183 · n8n-io/n8n · GitHub it should be picked up during our internal review process unless anything needs to be changed.

It turns out it was a few different special characters that failed so they should be all fixed once the request is merged.

Thank you very much, Jon. I’ll have to wait for a version update - right?

That depends on how you have n8n deployed, You could use that PR if you wanted to build your own container image to run.

Got released with [email protected]

Good afternoon, Jan! Thank you very much!