Describe the problem/error/question
- Error Workflow using error trigger fails when triggered by another workflow, however…
- Error Trigger will work if executed manually
- All other Workflows that are executed based on scheduled trigger work without issue; this problem is only happening on the Error workflow
- The same admin account is the owner of both the error workflow and the workflows that trigger it
What is the error message (if any)?
Another workflow: (ID SAXsGDzdoMdhd7UR) tried to invoke this workflow to handle errors. (Unfortunately current permissions do not allow this. Please check that this workflow's settings allow it to be called by others)
Error inside error workflow:
Settings for the error workflow:
Please share your workflow
Information on your n8n setup
- n8n version:1.8.2
- Database (default: SQLite):Postgres
This is the settings for the workflow that triggers the error workflow:
Execution history on the error workflow shows it failed when triggered by the above workflow, but when I run it manually it works:
Any help would be greatly appreciated! I’ve searched this forum and the documentation and didn’t find any details on this.
Hi @sherry Welcome to the community
That’s really strange - can you share the ID of the workflow that is trying to call the error workflow? Is it the same ID as in your error message, or is it different? What happens if you try to trigger the error workflow with a different workflow to the one you’re seeing the issues with?
Hi @EmeraldHerald! Thank you for the warm welcome
I am happy to report that this has been resolved, but it wouldn’t have been without your questions prompting me to realize that this is an isolated workflow issue after seeing a different workflow successfully trigger the error trigger node.
I simply duplicated the workflow that had issues, and then everything worked. Thanks for asking the questions that led me to the resolution.
This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.