Error when I try to install n8n on Hetzner server

Hi dear friends;
I am trying install n8n on my Hetzner Ubuntu server according this tutorial that unfortunately occur bellow error:

myuser@myserver:~/n8n-docker-caddy$ sudo docker compose up -d
[+] Running 1/2
 ✔ Container n8n-docker-caddy-n8n-1    Started                             0.4s
 ⠼ Container n8n-docker-caddy-caddy-1  Starting                            0.4s
Error response from daemon: failed to create task for container: failed to create shim task: OCI runtime create failed: runc create failed: unable to start container process: error during container init: error mounting "/<directory-path>/n8n-docker-caddy/caddy_config/Caddyfile" to rootfs at "/etc/caddy/Caddyfile": mount /<directory-path>/n8n-docker-caddy/caddy_config/Caddyfile:/etc/caddy/Caddyfile (via /proc/self/fd/6), flags: 0x5000: not a directory: unknown: Are you trying to mount a directory onto a file (or vice-versa)? Check if the specified host path exists and is the expected type

Can anyone help me please?

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:
  • n8n version: last version
  • Database (default: SQLite): Default
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): docker and caddy
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 22.04

Hey @mooghermez,

Did you remember to update the .env file? The error is referencing /<directory-path>/n8n-docker-caddy but <directory-path> should be replaced with the path to your n8n-docker-caddy folder.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.