Error when I want to execute another workflow

Hi,

I made a workflow 6 months ago, it was currently activated everyday. This workflow called another workflow in my database and everything worked fine.

However, since two days, I am meeting this error : ERROR: Target workflow may not be called.

I am on version 1.22.6 of n8n, would you have an idea of my problem ?

• Database : postgres
  • Running n8n via : Docker
  • Operating system: n8n-io

Thanks,
Ben

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hi @BenJ :wave: Would that by chance a workflow from before you started using version 1 or higher of n8n?

If you could also share any other logs, that would be helpful!

Hi @EmeraldHerald,

I was using this this workflow with version 1.2.1 at the beginning and maybe the version 1.1.1 I think, do I have to delete the node and recreate it ?

My entire error is :

WorkflowOperationError: Target workflow ID 47 may not be called
    at Function.checkSubworkflowExecutePolicy (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/dist/UserManagement/PermissionChecker.js:70:30)
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:95:5)
    at Object.executeWorkflow (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/dist/WorkflowExecuteAdditionalData.js:552:9)
    at Object.execute (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/ExecuteWorkflow/ExecuteWorkflow.node.js:191:40)
    at Workflow.runNode (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-workflow/dist/Workflow.js:696:19)
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/WorkflowExecute.js:656:53

Hi @BenJ - perhaps give that a try, or also check into looking at updating your workflow ID, as they haven’t looked like that for quite a few releases :sweat_smile: But you may need to delete the node and try with a newer version, too. They’re a string of alphanumeric characters, now :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.