Etsy Integration

Hi all,

Integration with Etsy.com would be useful to synchronize orders with Woocommerce and other e-commerce platforms.

Regards, Pawel.

1 Like

Can you please tell us what functionality you would require exactly? Just to be sure that if this node gets created it does already what you need it to do.

Had a quick look at the API and there no resource called orders. If you can point me out to the endpoint you need would be helpful.

Hi @RicardoE105

Yes in Etsy orders are called Receipts :confused: which Represent proof of payment from a user to a shop for one or more transactions.
Within Receipt, there are Transactions which Represent the sale of a single item.

The most important functionality from my point of view would be to be able to update existing receipts as well as retrieve details of new and updated Receipts. Like in another tool:

OMG, yes. Please. That would safe me (and many others) from using (and paying) Zapier and would buy me into a paid plan on n8n straight away. Is there any area apart here to upvote such a feature request?

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @frankis!

The only other thing would be to program the node yourself (which is actually not that complicated) or use the HTTP Request-Node. Apart from that do we have to see when we find time to create it.

3 Likes

Hi Jan, thanks. I will have a loko into the http module - didn’t recognized it on the first glimpse.

1 Like

Hi @jan
Could you please advise how to configure OAuth1 credentials to properly connect to Etsy API?

There is a guide and I was able to connect using PHP libraries but I have no idea how to do that in n8n. OAuth Authentication - Etsy-Entwickler

The problem is probably with three URLs which should be provided in configuration pane:
Authorization URL, Access Token URL and Request Token URL. I am not sure how they should look like.

And by the way, will it be possible to configure default OAuth1 credentials properly when they use verification code described here:

Regards, Pawel.

@pavvel just checked this. Sadly our current OAuth1.0 implementation does not work with Etsy. They make a couple of things different from the standard. When the node is implemented we should be able to get around the limitations.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. I am waiting for the node then.

@RicardoE105

Maybe it will be helpful.

@pavvel thanks for sharing. Will have a look at it.

Hey @pavvel & @RicardoE105

Please note that Etsy is changing their API to v3 (and will be using OAuth v2)

Overall, the new endpoints and auth looks more promising (and logical) to me.

1 Like

Thanks for the update @frankis! We can then work on that node very soon.

Etsy API v3 is already ready for use.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to authorize using n8n OAuth2 API credentials because they use PKCE which I think is not supported by n8n.
@jan, @RicardoE105 do you think it would be possible to adjust the existing OAuth2 API credentials module or it has to be a separate module dedicated to Etsy?

I had a quick look, and it seems possible to add it to our current implementation. To answer your question, if we do, we need to add it to the OAuth2 credentials authentication (maybe as an option). That way, when we create the node, we can take advantage of that implementation.

For later reference: Authorization Code Flow with Proof Key for Code Exchange (PKCE)

1 Like

I am not sure I understand you correctly.
I think when PKCE would be available as an option in OAuth2 credentials implementation it would be possible to use the HTTP node to use Etsy API and no separate node is needed, am I right?

Yes, that is correct.

Any updates on this? Is anybody here working with and automating stuff with the Etsy 3.0 API yet and could share how they are doing it?

We were not able to work on the Etsy integration because of the authentication. If I recall correctly, before 3.0, they used a variant of OAuth1, which we do not support. Now, with 3.0, they use OAuth2, but with Proof Key for Code Exchange which we also do not support. The good news is that I worked on it and have it almost done locally but have not been able to test it. When that is ready, then we will finally be able to work on the Etsy integration.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update! Sounds great, I’m looking forward to it :slight_smile: