Excel is overwriting a row instead append when APIs called too fast

So I have a Webhook trigger, which then appends the values to an excel file.

However when the webhook is being trigger very fast, like 10x per second, the data is overwriting the same row. I can literally see the row value changing when I look at the file with the web version. So perhaps 30 results come in, but only end up with 3 additional rows in the end.

How can I queue it such that it gives it time (to maybe identify which was the last ID) so it creates a new row each time when its too fast.

• **n8n version:1.42.1
  • **Database (default: SQLite):default
  • **n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):own
  • **Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):Docker
  • **Operating system:Ubuntu

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hi @chizuoka

I always use rabbitMQ to queue things. Especially with webhooks where you do not controll what is coming in it is smart to put everything in a queue before processing it.
I use rabbitMQ because it has nice native nodes with all the needed settings to get this done. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is there something easier than having to setup an entire system for one task? :smiley:

I get what you are saying and yes it is annoying. But, if you are using Docker it is done in 1minute. :slight_smile:

I am afraid there is no other real option. Or you must insert in a database, then you do not have the issue you are having with googlesheets.

hello @chizuoka

As @BramKn said, there is no built-in option to use queues. However, you can use files for that, e.g.:

1. your webhook saves what it needs in the file “webhook_[executionId].json”
  2. a separate flow that is set to be triggered for every minute checks for any webhook_*json files in the directory and, if there are any, it will read them and delete them afterward.
1 Like

Nice solution @barn4k

One thing to note. This will not work properly with queue mode enabled. (And of course multiple workers)

1 Like

That’s interesting. It might just work. Although its unfortunate N8N doesnt have its own queing system