Execution is working but not posting?

Describe the problem/error/question

It shows that the workflow executes successfully but it doesn’t end up posting on twitter as it should outside of testing the workflow.
A couple of things I’ve noted:

• During workflow automation it shows ticks for the first two steps but not the rest:
  • vs. test workflow automation:
  • maybe the error is also coming from the fact that I manually input the data in json format under the Read/Write Files from Disk node? I did this because it wasn’t reading my file properly and I couldn’t find another node that would just let me use json to input data.

What is the error message (if any)?

There is no error message.

Please share your workflow

I tried but it said it would make this post too long :sweat_smile: and also I don’t have enough privileges to share with the plan that I have now.

Share the output returned by the last node

The output should be something like this in a twitter post:

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 1.41.0
  • Database (default: SQLite): meant to be reading from a local file, but ended up using a .json for the data
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): own
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): render.com
  • Operating system: mac

@dalandanstudio , the issue appears to be in the logic of the Code. Taken that during the test you set the data manually suggests that in actuality there is a misalignment between Read/Write Files and Code notes in a way that Code does not return any value resulting in no data passed further down the workflow.

Bear in mind the actual location of the files depending on how n8n is deployed and run, Read/Write Files from Disk | n8n Docs.

Hi after that point out I decided to look into the Read/Write node again. From there I realised that instead I could just use the code node and make my json into function and just put return before the json and now the flow works as intended. Thanks for pointing out where the fault may have started from. :slight_smile: