Exploring Automation Opportunities in n8n: Seeking Advice on Python vs JavaScript Usage

Hello everyone,

I’m new to n8n and excited about automating some of my data processing tasks. I have some experience with Python but no background in Javascript.

Before this, I was building workflows in make.com, helping agencies automate their operations.

My goal is to create n8n workflows that involve B2B business marketing and sales processes, potentially with some light analysis. I’m interested in both Python and JavaScript but wondering which would be better suited for this purpose within n8n.

Any recommendations and insights based on your experience would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance for your help.

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

hello @Rohit_Gurav

n8n workflows use js to work with data. The Code node, however, can also work with python. But you’ll need to know some js basics (it’s not that hard)

1 Like

@Rohit_Gurav it totally depends on you in which language ypu are comfortable with , python doesn’t support code with Ai whereas in javascript you xan code with AI