Expression seems not to work as expected

I use the Pipedrive node to get filtered deals but when I use as filter ID the value from previous node the result is 500

if I type in the ID fixed the result is 168

Can you tell me if I’m doing something wrong or is it a bug in the node?

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

  • n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

hello @Sebastian1

I suppose there is a type mismatch. Can you check with the below option?

{{ String($json.data.id) }}

Hello Barn4k

Still the same output

Well… maybe something is not working there.

Can you fill the details?

  • n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

I have only this information. It is selfhosted on digital ocean

Version 1.25.1

Docker

Hi @Sebastian1, that is indeed very mysterious. Would you mind pinning your data, downloading your workflow and sending it to me via DM? Have you tried updating to the newest version already?

fyi: I was messing around with this a month ago or something like that and I got it to work.
In the end we didn’t use it like this so I deleted it and cannot copy it sadly.

But what was the solution. delete the node and create it again?

I did sent it to you. I didn’t try the newest version since I first wanted to check if this is a known bug in this version and fixed in newer ones

This is strange. I did have to add a node in between and then added the value as this {{ $(‘HTTP Request’).item.json.data.id }}

with that it worked…

There might be a bug but not sure since I’m new to n8n and at the moment I don’t know If I’m doing wrong or the system…

I will have a look at your workflow, thanks a lot for sending it. We did rework the expressions quite a lot in version 1.33, so it might be worth upgrading to this one to see if it works there.

For everyone reading the thread: The expressions work as intended. What happened here is that Sebastian connected multiple nodes with the Pipedrive node that holds the expression:


This makes the Pipedrive node run two times, where one run does not have the ID that we’re needing. That seems to make Pipedrive return all items instead.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.