Extract Image and Content body from HTML to Google Sheet

Thanks everyone in advance, newbie to n8n from zapier, I need some help on extracting content from HTML

1. Extract the RSS and save to Google Sheet (Date, Title, URL of the blog)

2. Human Read the Sheet and input “Y” to the “Selected” column

3. If “Selected” = “Y” then HTML extract base on the URL, extract the text content body and image

I am done with the RSS to Google Sheet. But I don’t know how to do the 2 and 3.

Q1: Should I use Filter, and “Selected” = “Y” ?

Q2: How to extract the content body , jpg URL and put it back the the Sheet ? ( I have done using HTTP Request, but I don’t know how to fill the HTML5 ExtractHtmlContent fields"

Sample URL: 彭博:新 AirPods、AirPods Max 或明年推出 改善音質、充電盒、耳塞設計 - unwire.hk 香港

the sample JPG I want should be:

https://cdn.unwire.hk/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/g-Un-vHvg5ezU-unsplash.jpg

from

{“@id”:“Google 鉅額保持預設搜尋地位 2021 年向不同廠商支付 263 億美元 - unwire.hk 香港

the sample content body I want should be:

"最近成為話題的 Google 反壟斷訴訟案件仲,再次公開了不少本身沒有公開的內部數據。美國司法部在對 Google 搜尋負責人 Prabhakar Raghavan 的交叉詢問中,透露了 Google 在 2021 年總共花費了 263 億美元,以成為多個瀏覽器、手機和平台的預設搜尋引擎。其中據報導指大部分都是向 Apple 支付,以便確保 iOS 和 Safari 的搜尋功能以 Google 為預設,此外 Firefox 和 Samsung 等也有獲得 Google 的資金。

\n

一直以來雖然 Google 有付錢保持預設搜尋設定已經是公開的祕密,但實際的金額也是今次才終於被外界知曉。Prabhakar Raghavan 辯護指,Google 目前已經失去新鮮感,甚至被新世代認為是「老人平台」,同時也面對着 TikTok 和 ChatGPT 等新興平台以及 Amazon 和 Yelp 等其他平台的競爭,因此競爭其實相當激烈,他們並沒有壟斷優勢。

來源:Verge"

from

Google 現在是大部分人常用的搜尋引擎,也是很多裝置和軟件的預設搜尋服務,不過其實為了保持這個預設設定,Google 向各家廠商支付了鉅額費用。
\n

\n

最近成為話題的 Google 反壟斷訴訟案件仲,再次公開了不少本身沒有公開的內部數據。美國司法部在對 Google 搜尋負責人 Prabhakar Raghavan 的交叉詢問中,透露了 Google 在 2021 年總共花費了 263 億美元,以成為多個瀏覽器、手機和平台的預設搜尋引擎。其中據報導指大部分都是向 Apple 支付,以便確保 iOS 和 Safari 的搜尋功能以 Google 為預設,此外 Firefox 和 Samsung 等也有獲得 Google 的資金。

\n

一直以來雖然 Google 有付錢保持預設搜尋設定已經是公開的祕密,但實際的金額也是今次才終於被外界知曉。Prabhakar Raghavan 辯護指,Google 目前已經失去新鮮感,甚至被新世代認為是「老人平台」,同時也面對着 TikTok 和 ChatGPT 等新興平台以及 Amazon 和 Yelp 等其他平台的競爭,因此競爭其實相當激烈,他們並沒有壟斷優勢。

\n

來源:Verge

\n

Please share your workflow

Hi @BW1224, welcome to the community :tada:

Q1: Should I use Filter, and “Selected” = “Y” ?

When reading the sheet you can also consider using the Filter options on the Google Sheets node itself. So you could set up two workflows here:

• One workflow to ingest data from your feed using the RSS Feed trigger node.
  • A second workflow a workflow reading your Google Sheet in regular intervals, using the Schedule trigger followed by a regular Google Sheets node using your filter. So assuming your sheet looks like this:

Your Google Sheets node could use filter settings like so (assuming you also want to filter on the date, and don’t want to use an additional filter node):

As for extracting the data from the HTML you’re fetching you’d indeed need to use the HTML node (like in your existing workflow). Finding the right selectors can be a bit tricky, though most browser can help greatly with it these days. I suggest taking a look at MDN to learn about the available options:

Here’s a quick demo workflow extracting the image URL and content from your example URL:

It’d leave you with this result for your second example URL:

Hope this helps!

1 Like

MutedJam, you are awesome! I need some time to digest but I can’t wait to say thanks to you first! thanks so much!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.