Fb trigger

Hey @Max_T,

That error would suggest you have not got an app token from Facebook and are instead using a user or page token.

On this page : Graph API Explorer - Facebook for Developers where it says user or page token select App and that should do the job.

So instead of the token I put in, I would need an application token right

or am i using the wrong type of app?

Should just need an application token.

I put the toke app and the error is gone. I wanted it to download information about a recently added post. however, something did not work. I don’t really know why.

If you are using the trigger it will only run after something has happened it won’t fetch historical likes, I am not sure if you need to do something on the Facebook side to link the app to a specific page though.

as I checked in applications, this application is visible in connections to the profile and can download data from the website. I wonder what is wrong.

I did tests on the fb test page (Graph API Explorer - Facebook for Developers) and it is not a matter of fb application but wrong settings in n8n trigger. Can you help me configure this trigger to download posts?

Hey @Max_T,

When you add the app to n8n and click listen to test events if you check in the Facebook developer console do you see the event as being subscribed to like this…

Are you also remembering to use a Facebook test user account? Apps don’t have access to live data until deployed.

unfortunately it does not look like that. I do it from the account with the website, profile and this is for testing and the fb applications will then be removed

Overall, I was able to add posts, relate them and comment on them. the lack of just that for him to start detecting new posts using the Facebook trigger

I suspect the issue is going to be with the setup on Facebook, From the developer portal where you create the app (not the app token) there is a section on the left for webhooks assuming you added it as a service. In there you will see what is registered.

Once that part is done it will be a case of adding the app to a page so it can work although it may use your users setting assuming you are the page admin. From there once you are happy with how it works from the Facebook test user you can publish it and use it with the live data.

so I would have to use a webhook instead of a trigger?

The trigger creates a webhook in Facebook when activated or listening for a test event so you shouldn’t need to manually do that. You can check if this part is working by checking the app in Facebook and seeing if the webhook has been registered while it is running.

the webhook did not come into being, so it did not connect

That could be one part of your issue, When you checked was the workflow active / enabled in n8n or did you manually click Execute Workflow?

In the Facebook webhook did you remember to change the dropdown to Page as well?

I manually clicked to test whether it would react to the new post at all. unfortunately nothing happened

Was that a test in the Facebook developer portal for the registered webhook?

no, I meant that I manually started the automation so that it waited for information from facebook about the new post.

ok so maybe we need to go back a few questions, When you click execute in n8n does it show up under Webhooks for “App” in the Facebook Developer console?

If it does show in there while the n8n page is still waiting for connections when you go to do a test like on a page are you doing it from a test account in the Facebook developer portal or have you already published your app so that it is able to work with live data? If it is published and allowed to work with live data did you add the app to your Facebook page or are you trying to read the data on a page that you are not an admin on?

It is important that you answer each part of this so we can try and resolve this one quickly.

I do not know if I understand correctly. for the fb application it is live (the slider is set to live). the application is visible on the fb page. while n8n is pressed execute workflow. Unfortunately, the webhook on fb is still not visible.