Fresh Docker installation on Ubuntu gives 404 Page

If it is just the root user is should be fine, It may be worth deleting the container and image and starting it again to see if something just went wonky during the setup.

PM2 and nginx is a route you could try but the traefik route should work. Can you set the log level to debug in the compose file and see if that shows anything extra?

You can do this by adding the below to your environment options for n8n.

- N8N_LOG_LEVEL=debug

Sorry for the dumb question, but how can I delete the container?

docker rm -f container_id

I continue to have the closed network connection error. =(

I am about to give up!

Is there any more to the n8n log?

Stephano is up and running :+1:

I have been installing 2 pieces of n8n lately and there has always been this error. Maybe you need to fix the guide ?

@Danilov_Vovka,

This post is over 2 years old at this point, Which issue are you seeing? We know there are some changes in v1 that have caused some issues with new installs but it would be nice to know which error you are seeing as there can be multiple issues if you are self hosting depending on the environment.

As usual, I install according to the guide - Docker Compose | n8n Docs

the last 3 installations on ubuntu 20.04 are returned with an error: 404 page not found (page after installation)

the error is treated by changing the string to - ${DATA_FOLDER}/.n8n:/root/.n8n

Maybe there was a mistake in the guide ?

Hey @Danilov_Vovka,

The guide is mostly correct but I suspect the docker log would have shown a permission error. This would be fixed by running…

docker run --rm -it --user root -v ~/.n8n:/home/node/.n8n --entrypoint chown n8nio/base:16 -R node:node /home/node/.n8n

Where ~/.n8n needs to replaced with the value used for the data_folder.

I use the directory - /local-files:/files

It means a team for me:

docker run --rm -it --user root -v ~/.local-files:/home/node/.n8n --entrypoint chown n8nio/base:16 -R node:node /home/node/.n8n

right?

Hey @Danilov_Vovka,

The ~ tends to mean the users home directory so if the path on your OS is /local-files you would use

docker run --rm -it --user root -v /local-files:/home/node/.n8n --entrypoint chown n8nio/base:16 -R node:node /home/node/.n8n
1 Like

In fact, this command did not help me. Everything is the same, I change the line to - ${DATA_FOLDER}/.n8n:/root/.n8n
and everything works.

Hey @Danilov_Vovka,

We do not recommend using /root/.n8n as the path in the container as from v1 it has changed to /home/node/.n8n.