Jon
October 17, 2021, 12:03pm
21
If it is just the root user is should be fine, It may be worth deleting the container and image and starting it again to see if something just went wonky during the setup.
PM2 and nginx is a route you could try but the traefik route should work. Can you set the log level to debug in the compose file and see if that shows anything extra?
You can do this by adding the below to your environment options for n8n.
- N8N_LOG_LEVEL=debug
Sorry for the dumb question, but how can I delete the container?
Jon
October 17, 2021, 12:36pm
23
docker rm -f container_id
I continue to have the closed network connection error. =(
I am about to give up!
Jon
October 17, 2021, 1:00pm
25
Is there any more to the n8n log?
Jon
October 18, 2021, 12:35am
26
Stephano is up and running
I have been installing 2 pieces of n8n lately and there has always been this error. Maybe you need to fix the guide ?
Jon
August 1, 2023, 12:57pm
28
@Danilov_Vovka ,
This post is over 2 years old at this point, Which issue are you seeing? We know there are some changes in v1 that have caused some issues with new installs but it would be nice to know which error you are seeing as there can be multiple issues if you are self hosting depending on the environment.
As usual, I install according to the guide - Docker Compose | n8n Docs
the last 3 installations on ubuntu 20.04 are returned with an error: 404 page not found (page after installation)
the error is treated by changing the string to - ${DATA_FOLDER}/.n8n:/root/.n8n
Maybe there was a mistake in the guide ?
Jon
August 15, 2023, 8:09am
30
Hey @Danilov_Vovka ,
The guide is mostly correct but I suspect the docker log would have shown a permission error. This would be fixed by running…
docker run --rm -it --user root -v ~/.n8n:/home/node/.n8n --entrypoint chown n8nio/base:16 -R node:node /home/node/.n8n
Where ~/.n8n needs to replaced with the value used for the data_folder.
I use the directory - /local-files:/files
It means a team for me:
docker run --rm -it --user root -v ~/.local-files:/home/node/.n8n --entrypoint chown n8nio/base:16 -R node:node /home/node/.n8n
right?
Jon
August 15, 2023, 8:28am
32
Hey @Danilov_Vovka ,
The ~ tends to mean the users home directory so if the path on your OS is /local-files you would use
docker run --rm -it --user root -v /local-files:/home/node/.n8n --entrypoint chown n8nio/base:16 -R node:node /home/node/.n8n
In fact, this command did not help me. Everything is the same, I change the line to - ${DATA_FOLDER}/.n8n:/root/.n8n
and everything works.
Jon
August 21, 2023, 7:42am
35
Hey @Danilov_Vovka ,
We do not recommend using /root/.n8n as the path in the container as from v1 it has changed to /home/node/.n8n.
Sorry for so late response, but i think this can help someone.
I have the same problem, and after hours testing everything… i discover that the problem is with the DNS name and subdomain.
When i put a valid DNS name all works fine!