From notion to Google calendar

Hello

I’m trying hard to use N8N it is an amazing tool, but i’m not dev. and try with my basic knowledge.

Describe the issue/error/question

What i’m trying to do is to create event in my google calendar from a notion database page.

The flow at the moment is
1 get the notion database page : working
2 get all block : not so working
3 create google calendar : working but very basic

What is the error message (if any)?

in step 2 i don’t have all blocks content, I can see them in input but not all of them in the selection :confused:
the input

the node selection

in step 3 i have just basic creation means using the properties.
I have created an html tempalte and can add object in it but only from properties.
I would like some help to get the content of the block and turn it into object that i can include in my html template.
Probabily because of the issue in step 2

Please share the workflow

Share the output returned by the last node

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="fr">
  <body>
<h2><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Bonjour</span></h2>
<p> pour notre r&eacute;union: '{{$node["Notion meeting"].json["name"]}}'</p>
<h1><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Objectifs</span></h1>
<p><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">{objectif}</span></p>
<h1><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">☁️Points de Discussion</span></h1>
<p>content from blocks here </p>
<h2><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Attachement</span></h2>
<pre><a href="{{$node["Notion meeting"].json["url"]}}'">ICI</a></pre>
<p>type de r&eacute;union: '{{$node["Notion meeting"].json["property_type"]}}'</p>
  </body>
</html>

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 0.182.0
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite): none
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]: own
  • Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]: desktop app

Hi @terryble66, I am sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Notion doesn’t enforce a specific page structure, so parsing blocks can get really hard as you are working with user generated content. So, on a very general level I suggest avoiding parsing blocks and instead create database fields for all information you’d like to add to your Google Calendar events.

That said, can you confirm what exactly you mean by step 2 not quite working? Which error exactly are you seeing?