GDPR Compliance

Hello there,

I was wondering, if the n8n.cloud version is GDPR compliant or not. I know that I can host it myself and then can take care of the server and all that… but cloud would be easier to use and setup. Does anyone have some info on this.

Thank you very much peeps,
Chriso

Hi Chriso,

Great to hear you’re considering n8n.cloud. Apologies there is not more messaging yet on our website about the ways in which we comply with GDPR - we will make this live when we launch our new website.

For now, here are the main ways in which we comply:

• We host all data within the EU
  • Our privacy policy lays out the data we collect, and the purpose for which we collect it: Privacy Policy - n8n.io
  • We take a number of security measures as described here: Security - n8n.io
  • We only use GDPR-compliant processors and subprocessors; you can see the subprocessors we use here: Subprocessors - n8n.io

Please feel free to email [email protected] if you have any more questions.

Claudia

3 Likes

Hi from the USA - Is the cloud version hipaa compliant and would n8n sign a BAA?

Thanks,
Brad

Hi @bblaser,

At this time, we cannot offer BAA’s for n8n.cloud instances, nor formal HIPAA compliance. That is not to say that we don’t abide by high security standards, just that the HIPAA audits and associated costs means n8n.cloud needs to grow a bit before we embark on setting that up.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hello @maxT,
Has this changed since May 2021? Does n8n offer to sign a BAA for our startup’s hipaa compliance?
Thank you
Sona

Hi @sona at this time there is no change in supporting HIPAA/ signing BAAs. For now, you would have to build your own HIPAA compliant self-hosted cluster.

Thank you @maxT. Does n8n have any partner that provide hosting solutions who we could reach out to?

No problem. I checked with the team, we are not aware formally of any partner or vendor that offers an n8n HIPAA cloud at the moment.

Thank you, we ended up hosting it ourselves. We can close this thread.