Generate RSS

It would help if there was a node for:

Generating RSS feeds

My use case:

I would like to use n8n to generate an RSS feed from some websites that don’t offer it. I could just use the XML module but I think it would be more useful to let n8n handle all the boilerplate.

Any resources to support this?

Are you willing to work on this?

Possibly

Hi @Dagur, welcome to the community :tada:

Unfortunately, this isn’t trivial as the logic required depends on the exact website structure.

You can already build this yourself though. I’ve created a basic example workflow doing this for the Baserow release page a while back. Check it out here (or in the templates section of n8n): Create an RSS feed based on a website’s content | n8n workflow template

Thank you :slight_smile:
What I’m suggesting is something that would do the “create RSS items” and “prepare response” steps in the example for me. It’s not too hard to do this myself but it would be nice to have a module for it.

Hi @MutedJam

what changes are necessary in the js code for creating the rss items in newer n8n versions, where the function item node is replaced by the code node?

I am getting items with “undefined” title description and so on (see screenshot). Still struggling and could not find out what’s the problem.

Does it have something to do with changed expressions?

Thanks for helping

Worklfow

n8n version 1.23.0 as a docker container on QNAP NAS

If anybody struggles with this in the future: correct expression is $json["title"], $json["description"] and so on.

1 Like