Get current exchange rate with (WISE)

I am trying to use the WISE integration to get exchange rates: Wise - n8n Documentation

without any additional fields, a GET results in a daily exchange rate for the last 30 days.

I’m looking to use the provided additional fields to limit this to the current exchange rate:

I tried various formats for a single point in time and am still getting 30 days worth of data: 2022-04-30T08:00:00

I tried various date formats but no luck:

The WISE API Wise Platform API shows this example:

`GET https://api.sandbox.transferwise.tech/v1/rates?source=EUR&target=USD&time=2019-02-13T14:53:01`

Fetch exchange rate of specific historical timestamp.

so what am I doing wrong here?

Hey @ovizii, I don’t think you are doing anything wrong here. I just gave this a go on my end and it seems the time parameter is added, but n8n continues to send the range parameters as well which seems to throw off the Wise API here.

I’ve raised a pull request to fix this problem here:

We’ll confirm once this has been merged.

In the meantime, you could use the range parameters to select a very short range only including a single result like so:

Now this will return the exchange rate at midnight UTC, but I hope that’s still close enough for your purposes. If not, you would need to either wait for the fix to be released or call the WISE API directly via the HTTP Request node.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience this might cause.

2 Likes

Got released with [email protected]

2 Likes

Nice, that went live much faster than expected, thanks @jan :smiley:

@ovizii with the fix now released you should be able to use a workflow like below once you have upgraded to [email protected]:

This will return only the current exchange rate:

No need for the workarounds mentioned further up :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks everyone, that was really quick and seems to work for me now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Glad to hear, thanks so much for confirming!

1 Like