GET HTTP Request error

I receive this message when performing HTTP REQUEST GET
“We didn’t find any data in HTTP Request to simulate an event. Please create one in HTTP Request and try again.”

below is an example of the endpoint url, 10016 is the user ID.

https://secret_domain_dot_com/rest/users/10016?version=1.0.0

There is no need to fill HTTP request

I can perform it from POSTMAN but not in n8n… :thinking:

Please advise

Thank you!

Hi @yousername

Not sure if I understand correctly.
Do you get that as an error message in n8n? Doesn’t seem like an n8n error to me, at least not one I have ever seen.
Can you confirm you put in the authorization header correctly and the URL like: https://secret_domain_dot_com/rest/users/10016?version=1.0.0

Hi @BramKnuever

The issue is I’m not receiving any respond (maybe the node isn’t sending the data because it doesn’t have any data to stimulate an event, I don’t see the json respond.
Yes that is a correct URL (I censored the domain name), I tested on postman and I received the respond.

When I run the nodes, it just stop at HTTP REQUEST NODE and this pop up appears

“We didn’t find any data in HTTP Request to simulate an event. Please create one in HTTP Request and try again.”

I know it may not be an error but it stop the process

This node is use to get the customer’s data using their ID.

We could do a private zoom meeting to see?

Hi @yousername

Have you tried this without using the expression?
So just the plain URL to test if it works before trying to make it smart with the expression.

I am same problem… Postman, ARC, all OK, but no n8n → No HTTP Request data found

We didn’t find any data in HTTP Request to simulate an event. Please create one in HTTP Request and try again.

I’m facing the same problem but I don’t know if @yousername made n8n self hosted or not. I self hosted my n8n.

I self hosted n8n on digitalocean droplet. I also have n8n on my PC. So, when i execute the same workflow on digitalocean it gives an error. But when i execute the same workflow on my PC it executes successfully.

I don’t know if it is problem with my digitalocean virtual machine or somewhere else.

Hey @Shahidul,

Welcome to the community :cake:

It is normally a good idea to open a new thread and complete the template so we have as much information as possible.

It could be that the site you are connecting to is blocking IPs from Digital Ocean, Could be worth doing a curl test to see if that works.

mine is selfhosted. Actually problem solved on its own.

How? What solved the issue in the end?