Get start time to insert into Google Calendar

Hi everyone, using the desktop app.
I’m wanting to create calander events based on new files added to my Google Drive, I am struggling to get it added as I need it to create a date. I can’t use Google’s modified or creation dates as these tend to be all over the place, so I was hoping to get files added according to the run time of the task, but I can’t seem to figure it out.
Hopeing someone can point me in the right direction.

1 Like

n8n supports luxon which can generate the date/time when your node runs.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for your response, I have now found I can use ‘={{new Date()}}’ in the calander date/time field and it works like a charm.

I now just just need to figure out how I list files created or added since ‘={{new Date()}}’ as the list I get each time appears to be the same.

1 Like

Hey @GiGo,

One solution could be to get the list of files and save them to a database like Baserow or Airtable and on the next run compare what you have with the data from the database and you will know if it is new or not.

In theory though the creation time should be fine and should do what you are after as I can’t see that value changing unless there is some funky timezone stuff going on but the value should be automatically converted.