Getting "Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'error')" after upgrading to 1.45.0

Describe the problem/error/question

We had to upgrade to 1.45.0 to fix a big problem with the WaitTracker, but when we did I’m now getting these false negative errors. They are throwing an error of an empty input but they are in fact working.

What is the error message (if any)?

Share the output returned by the last node

n8n version
1.45.0 (Self Hosted)

Stack trace

TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'error') at /home/ec2-user/www/source/node_modules/n8n-core/src/WorkflowExecute.ts:1070:71 at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:95:5) at /home/ec2-user/www/source/node_modules/n8n-core/src/WorkflowExecute.ts:1763:11

Information on your n8n setup

n8n version: 1.45.0
database: postgres
EXECUTIONS_MODE: queue
Running via npm

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hey @chase2963,

Oddly enough I have seen this with the Spotify node but only with one operation so far the currently playing one, It looks like you are using Sendgrid, What is the other node you are using? Are you also seeing this with any other nodes?

Which version did you upgrade from as well?

Just seeing it on SendGrid and AWS DynamoDB so far, we upgraded from 1.42.1, and were on 1.25.1 before that.

Perfect thanks, We have put in a fix for this which can be found below although I am not sure if we will do a 1.45.1 release or wait for 1.46.0, I suspect there will be a patch release on Monday to fix this.

@Jon, I saw [email protected] came out today did this get put in there or is 1.45.1 coming out today as well?

New version [email protected] got released which includes the GitHub PR 9667.

Looks like 1.45.1 is out now as well so we don’t have to downgrade to get the PR. Thanks

1 Like