Getting data from Clickup - Only entries made by me are extracted

Hi, I’m completely new to n8n and I’ve been trying to create a workflow to extract time log data from Clickup into a Google Sheet perform a number of operations and calculations. This is a “bulk” export.

I have managed to extract, transform and merge all the data into the format I need only tasks created by me and/or my own time entries appear in the output.

I.e. if my colleague John creates a task, it won’t appear in the output, and if he logs his time, it won’t appear either, but I can see all tasks created by me and all my time logs in the output.

I’m admin for both systems so I have access to everything on both.

When I set the same workflow but with an individual entry (i.e. instead of doing a scheduled bulk export I set it to sync every time there is a new entry) I can get data from all users.

This is the bulk workflow (which only gets info from my entries in Clickup, not the other users)

This is the ‘single task’ workflow (which extracts info from all users)

Could anyone help me with this?

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

  • n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:
  • Version: I suppose I’m using the latest version as I’m using cloud and only started two weeks ago.
  • Databasse: I’m not sure how to answer to this. I’m using it to connect Clickup and Google sheets
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting: I don’t know how to answer to this
  • Running n8n via cloud
  • Operating System: Mac OS

I looked at the Clickup API docs which n8n uses to integrate.

Did you setup your credentials using the API key or OAuth2?
You can see that in your credential screen then where the arrow points in the picture incase you forget

It seems like in Clickup the API key it is considered for “personal” use. So it only works with the one account that activated it. If you used the API key then this is likely your issue.

Try setting it up with OAuth2 and see if that works.
(You will also need to switch it to the new credentials on each Clickup node)

Let me know if you used the API key and if you need help setting up the Oauth account, that can by tricky for non developers.

Thank you very much for your response, Liam.

I used Oauth2, but I simply used the automated setup that n8n did for me.

It would be amazing if you could guide me in setting one up manually to try. I created this but I don’t know how to get the URL.

Thanks again,

David

Hey sorry I missed this reply!

I’m not sure what you mean by the automated setup.

Start fresh and make another “app” in the click up organization settings, the same place as the screenshot you showed.

Create a new click up oauth2 credential.
Copy and paste the redirect uri into that box in click up then copy and paste the client id and client secret into their fields

Press authorize and connect your account.

If that still doesn’t work then I’ll dive into it more so let me know

Thanks for your help, Liam.

Please excuse my utter ignorance, but I don’t know how to get the redirect URI.

Would you be able to help me with that? I’ve tried to find this out in forums, but most of it goes over my head.

Thanks again,

David

Excuse my ignorance:

The redirect UI field doesn’t appear on Cloud, since we take care of adding it for you there — there’s just a ‘connect’ button instead.

So I’m afraid this may be a limitation of how we connect to ClickUp.

Thanks for the response sirdavidoff.

That’s what I thought.

I suspect this may not be a limitation of n8n but rather of Clickup, because on the 'single task" flow I can get entries for all users.

Someone suggested that Clickup have disabled this functionality for bulk exports to avoid load on their servers, and I would need to solve it by looping through the data.

I can think of very manual ways of achieving this. E.g. since we’re a very small number of users I could add one node to extract each user with their personal keys, but it’s not scaleable so I’ll need to re-think.

Cheers,

David

Unfortunately, none of the proposed solutions worked.

This seems indeed to be a Clickup limitation rather than a n8n limitation.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to offer assistance,

I just tested with my account and I can see and edit everything in the workspace.

I am self hosted though using the OAuth connection, so that may be the difference.

Thanks for confirming, Liam.

Self-hosting may indeed be the difference, although I still find it strange if I’m completely honest.

In any case, there have been changes in the business and this is not something that will go ahead for now, so I don’t want to waste anyone’s time for my own education.

Once again, thank you everyone for chipping in and trying to help.