Getting Timeout Error When try to connect with Slack Events

Hi All,

Here is my problem, I am trying to send request from slack using Event Subscription to n8n node for phrasing the input, but I am getting timeout error. Response Time taken nearly 5 sec.

Error :

Hmm, our verification request timed out before we received a response. Try again?

I have refereed the few community posts, but not getting proper solution for this

Should I need to Upgrade my Instance ? Please guide me on this

My current Instance Size :

Core : 2
Ram : 4GB

Workflow

• n8n version: Version 0.225.2
  • Database (default: SQLite): -
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): own
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): : docker
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS

@Asuwini_P , this is how it works for me

Hi @ihortom ,

Thank you for your quick response,

I imported your workflow and tested in my workflow instance, I can get the “challenge” value in the end of the flow, But getting same error , due to that, I couldn’t save the Request URL in the slack

Hmm, our verification request timed out before we received a response. Try again?

Screenshot 2024-01-05 at 1.06.35 PM

@Asuwini_P I had the same issue. I’m pretty sure your server is too small. The solution was for me to upgrade to a bigger machine on Digital Ocean … like a 16gb ram machine or something, then do the challenge and then revert back to something smaller.

That did the trick for me. Hope it helps.

Best,
Stefan

2 Likes

Thank you for your response @stefanendress , Let me upgrade the instance and test it again

After upgrade the instance to 4 core and 8GB ram , the response time is within desired timeframe(3sec), the issue has been fixed

Thank you for your guidance @ihortom and @stefanendress

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.