Ghost node Admin API authorization error

Describe the issue/error/question

Using the node to connect to a hosted instance of Ghost CMS, I’m getting an odd error. I can connect fine to the Content API using the instructions and the Content API Key, but trying to connect to the Admin API with the Admin API Key fails.

What is the error message (if any)?

“Authorization failed - please check your credentials”

Please share the workflow

Happens any time I use this node, including when I try the example.

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 0.204.0
  • Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]: Desktop app

So far I’ve tried regenerating the API Key through the Ghost admin interface, but that made no difference.

Hi @matthewbellringer, I am sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

I just created a fresh account on their website and was able to run the below workflow just fine with the desktop app:

Result:

So I am afraid I am not able to reproduce this problem based on the information provided so far :frowning:. Are you perhaps using any other hosting service for Ghost?

1 Like

Thank you - this is using Ghost’s own hosted service. I’ve got things set up exactly as you show in the example.

… And I’ve just figured it out. For some reason, using the “Copy” button on Ghost’s admin page was resulting in a duplicate value in the clipboard, at least on my PC. Using old-fashioned copy/paste of the text itself works fine, and now I can authenticate.

Sorry for the false alarm, and thanks so much for your help!

1 Like

Awesome, glad to hear it was just that :slight_smile:

Thanks so much for confirming!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.