Ghost Node stopped working

Ghost Node stopped working for posting

I’ve been running this workflow fairly uninterrupted for the better part of half a year. It pulls items from a specified list on Raindrop, then wraps them up in HTML and posts them as new posts on my Ghost blog. Only recently (the last successful execution was on September 23rd), it stopped working with the below error code. Since I couldn’t find anything in either the Ghost API docs or forums, I thought someone here might have stumbled upon it and has some pointers.

Error Message: 422 - {"errors":[{"message":"Validation error, cannot save post.","context":"Invalid lexical structure. Minified Lexical error #38

Please share your workflow

Share the output returned by the last node

ERROR: Your request is invalid or could not be processed by the service

422 - {"errors":[{"message":"Validation error, cannot save post.","context":"Invalid lexical structure. Minified Lexical error #38; visit https://lexical.dev/docs/error?code=38 for the full message or use the non-minified dev environment for full errors and additional helpful warnings.","type":"ValidationError","details":null,"property":"lexical","help":"https://ghost.org/docs/publishing/","code":null,"id":"d72a3d80-737d-11ee-818c-339488f073e5","ghostErrorCode":null}]} - Validation error, cannot save post.

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: Selfhosted 1.6.1
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): Cloudron
  • Operating system: Ubuntu
1 Like

Hi @stormgrass

Which Ghost version you’re currently using?

Hello @mcnaveen! Sorry, forgot to add that detail. When I was testing yesterday it was Ghost 5.63, there was an upgrade today which I ran, so I’m now on 5.65.1. The result is the same, though.

Hi @stormgrass

In the error it says Lexical. Can you try selecting Lexical under the Content Format in the ghost node? It’s available on n8n 1.14.0.

Hi @mcnaveen

In my node the only choices I have are between HTML and Mobile Doc. No Lexical anywhere to be seen.

Best,
Richard

Are you sure about the n8n version?

Fairly, yes. I’ve run a few updates, and my current version number, according to my n8n install, is 1.8.1

1 Like

Please update your n8n to v1.14.0

The Ghost version you’re mentioning is kinda latest and n8n looks outdated.

Thanks for the heads up! I just checked, and the latest packaged version on Cloudron is 1.11.2 – which I’m running now after a few updates. Since this is the latest stable version for production use (according to the official n8n website Release notes | n8n Docs), shouldn’t the things that used to be working still work? Or is the change in the Ghost node a reflection of Ghost API changes?

1 Like

Hey @stormgrass,

The change in the Ghost node is because of a change Ghost made.

Hi @Jon
that makes sense, thanks! So once I manage to upgrade to 1.14, I should be able to choose Lexical and then the issue should be resolved?

Hey @stormgrass,

That is my understanding but I don’t use Ghost myself. I am not sure how long it takes the Cloudron team to update but I think they should include all releases.

Thank you for the info! In case the issue isn’t resolved, is there a quick and easy way to copy the contents of my Ghost node and turn it into a common API call with the API call node? I suppose whatever changes Ghost made to their API might be able to be resolves in the node that way then.

Hey @stormgrass,

Not yet but you could manually build out the request using the HTTP Request node. One thing you could try is run n8n locally and connect that to ghost and see if it works.

On a whim, I decided to translate the HTML content I was sending to Mobile Doc, and that seems to have done the trick for now! Must be something in my content that interfered with whatever Ghost changed in the newer versions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.