Gmail node - extract all from: email address

Describe the issue/error/question

I was looking into the gmail node which is great and was wondering how i could write a workflow to get all the messages in my gmail inbox and extract all the from address’s from all emails

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: latest version
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite):
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]:
  • Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]: docker

Check the example below. You only need the Gmail node with operation Get All and the Item List node to get all the emails.

1 Like

Thanks!! Worked amazing!

1 Like

how do you get attachments to download for each message? I’m not seeing a download attachments option like the Gmail Trigger Node.

Hey @Philip_Wiggins,

Normally it would be best to open a new topic and fill out the template provided. But this should be fairly quick. Assuming you are on a recent n8n version under Get Many disable “Simplify” then under Add Option there is a setting to download Attachments this should do what you are after.

:+1: I guess on the example above it’s an older node version. I see it pulling directly from node search in my version

You got it, The workflow earlier is from the v1 node but we updated it fairly recently to use what is in the image I posted. That is also another reason for preferring new posts as we can find out the version you are on as we change things fairly quickly.