GMAIL Trigger (with built-in search filter) only appears to be providing one result

I am trying to establish a workflow that reads my email box, and handles some dispatches from my volunteer fire department, and routes them to my telegram where I get alerted.
Everything works as it should, however only one message is processed should multiples match inside of my email box.

Describe the issue/error/question

I am having an issue wherein searching the filter (search) parameter in the gmail trigger, no matter the results, I only seem to get one resulting item.
I have verified this by changing my filter to just include is:unread , with nothing else.

Is this the intended function of this search feature? Seems like there should be a method to use the search feature as its used in gmail.
Perhaps for larger mailboxes, with a configurable limit on returned results?

What is the error message (if any)?

No error message, however only one output is generated in an email box filled with thousands of matching results.

Please share the workflow

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• **n8n version:0.215.2
  • **Database you’re using (default: SQLite):SQLite
  • **Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]:own
  • **Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]:npm (pm2 actually)

Hi @kcwebby, are you by any chance executing your workflow manually rather than activating it and letting it run in the background? I think the trigger would only fetch one example item when being executed manually, but would start the workflow for all new messages coming in once activated.

If the trigger fails to fetch all relevant messages (or you need to process old messages as well) you could alternatively consider using the Schedule trigger combined with the regular Gmail node to fetch all unread messages in regular intervals (just make sure to mark them as read afterwards).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.