Google Ads 400 - Bad Request Error

Hey @jfer,

Is it that time already, I will get it sorted this week. Not sure what happened to my reminder though :thinking:

I appreciate your help!

Hey @Jon Perhaps do you have an estimated date when this issue could be resolved? Many Thanks

Hey @jfer,

I am hoping to get to it this week unless anything urgent comes up.

Thanks @Jon I wish this could be solved soon since it appears to be recurrent. Any idea why the API call breaks so often?

Hey @jfer,

The API call breaks because Google seem to change the API every 6 months or so, I did start working on the change last week but for some reason it wasnā€™t working properly when testing so I need to spend a bit more time on it to try and work out what changed between v11 and v13.

I understand, thanks Jon!

The good news is the PR went in yesterday so it is just waiting for the review process.

1 Like

New version [email protected] got released which includes the GitHub PR 6212.

hi there! @jan Iā€™m new to n8n and still getting a hold of the platform. Weā€™re facing the same problem as OPā€¦ we are currently using version 0.231.2 will we need to upgrade it?
Thanks in advance

Hey @rafaelvasconcelos,

Welcome to the community :raised_hands:

I have just put in a PR to update the Ads API to v15, Once reviewed this will be merged for a future release and you will need to upgrade to use the change.

1 Like

Thank you!! I guess they will always keep changing their apiā€¦ thatā€™s a bit of a hassle - Iā€™m wondering if itā€™s worth it to add this node to my workflow if google keeps doing this every couple of months

Hey @rafaelvasconcelos,

It should be good for another year, I just need to get better at updating the node or provide a way to allow users to just select their own

1 Like

New version [email protected] got released which includes the GitHub PR 7962.

1 Like

sorry to be a botherā€¦ but im still having a hard time here. Iā€™m still getting error 403 even though im pretty sure the ids are correct and the account was also authenticated correctly

Hey @rafaelvasconcelos,

The Google Ads node is a bit of a tricky one to use but assuming you are on a release older than 1.21.0 it should be working if you are using the correct IDs and if the manager ID has permission to manage the second id.

Hello Jon,

According to this older post, I need to upgrade my manager account to a production account?

Could that be the reason Iā€™m getting the 404 error?

(By the way, before I updated to n8n 1.21 I was getting the 400 error, so I guess thatā€™s an improvement)

Anyway, weā€™ll apply to get a production token, hopefully thatā€™ll work

Hey @rafaelvasconcelos,

I did my testing with a test manager account and a test client account but if you are using real data you would need to use a production account.

1 Like

hello guys

just so everyone knows - we tried to get the google basic authentication so we could use the google ads node, but we were refused.

And as I looked up experiencies of other people trying to do the same, it seems that itā€™s really, really hard to get that authorization from google.

So my company will not be using n8n for thisā€¦ we are forced to look at other (more expensive) alternatives.