Google Ads 400 - Bad Request Error

ERROR: Bad request - please check your parameters

Request failed with status code 400

Hi there,

I have used the Google Ads node for a while and suddenly it starts to show an error telling me to check my parameters are not working properly.

I have double-checked all the parameters (Manager account ID, client ID, credentials, G. Ads developer token) and all of them are correct.

• I am using the latest version 0.210.2
  • With a docker container

Find the error appearing below:

at RoutingNode.runNode (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-workflow/dist/RoutingNode.js:112:23)
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5)
    at Workflow.runNode (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-workflow/dist/Workflow.js:695:23)
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/WorkflowExecute.js:585:53

Therefore, I have two questions:

1. Do you have any idea why this error is appearing?
  2. Is it possible to access the HTTP request so that we can further debug the error?

Thanks in advance for the help,
Jfer

Hey @jfer,

We don’t have an option to allow viewing the HTTP Request but it sure would be useful for a lot of these issues. Do you happen to have the full error message and maybe the workflow you are using as well?

There is of course also a possibility that this is related to this PR: feat(Google Ads Node): update api version to v11 by Joffcom · Pull Request #4427 · n8n-io/n8n · GitHub

Hi @Jon,

thanks for the reply. Currently the basic workflow does not even work:

In addition, the full error looks exactly as the one shared before with the following addition.

ERROR: Bad request - please check your parameters

Request failed with status code 400

Details

Time

12/01/2023, 09:51:15

Stack

NodeApiError: Bad request - please check your parameters
    at RoutingNode.runNode (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-workflow/dist/RoutingNode.js:112:23)
    at Workflow.runNode (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-workflow/dist/Workflow.js:695:23)
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/WorkflowExecute.js:585:53

In addition, it makes sense it could be related to the API update. Any additional insights?

Hey @jfer,

I have sent a request to get the PR approved as I believe this is the issue, Until it has been merged it is hard to suggest anything else really as I know Google were removing support for the old api.

Hi @Jon,

Thanks for sending the request. Is there a way to know where it is standing right now? The node is still not working and it is causing some important delays in data transfering. thanks in advance.

Hey @jfer,

Still waiting for it to be approved sadly, I have just another message to try and get this approved.

Hey @jfer,

The PR has just been merged so should be available in a bug fix release which will be going out today.

1 Like

Got released with [email protected]

1 Like

Thanks @jan

I have tested it and it actually returns the result when I select the operation as GET. However, when I tried to retrieve the information for several campaigns with operation GET MANY… the following error appears:

ERROR: Failed to extend syntax
 Details
Time
17/01/2023, 15:05:29
NodeApiError: Failed to extend syntax

FYI, I have [email protected] version installed. Any idea of why this is happening?

Hey @jfer,

That is likely to be my fault, Someone else reported this earlier as well so I will need to take another look at it.

Hi @Jon,

thanks for the reply and explanation. Do you have an estimate for solving this issue? I am in some urge to use that node :slight_smile: thank you in advance for all your help.

Hey @jfer,

I have had a quick look this morning and it looks like there is more to it, Reverting the API back to v10 throws the same error so I don’t think the issue is related to the node. I will let you know when I have an update.

Hey @Jon it looks like there is even v12 already - as this API changes it’s versions frequently, there has to be a check if/ when a version is deprecated or stopped, so that the node continues working.

Hey @Boris_Idesman,

Already on top of that, The problem here though isn’t related to the API version on the latest release. I have set up an internal reminder to update the node as needed in the future so we should be all good on the versioning side of things moving forwards.

1 Like

Morning @Boris_Idesman & @jfer,

The release that went out yesterday resolves the issues and the node can now be used as expected.

Amazing, thank you @Jon

1 Like

Thank you very much @Jon !

1 Like

I can confirm that it works.

1 Like

Hey @Boris_Idesman perfect thanks for the update :raised_hands:

1 Like

Hi @Jon I hope you are doing great. I am coming back to you because the initial error 400 is appearing again in the flow interrupting the flow within the Google Ads node.

NodeApiError: Bad request - please check your parameters
    at Workflow.runNode (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-workflow/dist/Workflow.js:689:23)
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/WorkflowExecute.js:590:53

The version I am currently using is 0.224.1

Please could you help me with this issue? Thank you in advance.