Google ads node

Describe the issue/error/question

I have setup Oath and am able authenticate myself - all good here.
However when i try to return data from the Google ads API i get the error described below. I’ve seen some other people asking same question here on the forum, but haven’t concluded if issue is from n8n side or not.

What is the error message (if any)?

ERROR: Bad request - please check your parameters
Request contains an invalid argument.

NodeApiError: Bad request - please check your parameters
    at RoutingNode.runNode (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-workflow/dist/RoutingNode.js:112:23)
    at runMicrotasks (<anonymous>)
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5)
    at async Workflow.runNode (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-workflow/dist/Workflow.js:694:23)
    at async /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/WorkflowExecute.js:585:53

Please share the workflow

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version:
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite):
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]:
  • Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]:

Hey @pmg,

What version are you running on? I updated the node recently to use a newer API version but it doesn’t look like you are getting the same error. I would say for now if you want to use Google Ads the best option would be to use the HTTP Request node and once the node is working you can then swap over to it.

Thanks for the swift reply @Jon
I’m using the cloud version 0.202.1

Hey @pmg,

That will be it, So the node doesn’t work in older versions as it uses an older Google Ads API version but on the recent update that should fix it something else has stopped it from working so it will sadly be a cause of manually building out the request in the HTTP Request node until we have fixed the underlying issue.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.