Google BigQuery not accepting parameters (Project ID, Dataset ID, Table ID, Columns) / loading parameters

We are currently evaluating n8n as an alternativ to Integromat/Make and our custom solutions. A main use case is connecting Google BigQuery to SeaTable or HubSpot. Operation = GetAll.

Describe the issue/error/question

When trying to create a node for BigQuery we fail, because the parameters Project ID, Dataset ID, Table ID, Columns will not be accepted. Or better said: Not be shown. We followed the credential setup and the docs when configuring everything.

What is the error message (if any)?

Please share the workflow

It’s the first step. So nothing to show, yet.

Share the output returned by the last node

None yet.

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 0.170.0
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite): postgreSQL
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]:
  • Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]: VM on Google Cloud, installed via NPM

Hey @mtruss,

Welcome to the community :partying_face:

I have just given it a quick go on my install here and it appears to be working, In your Google account do you have any projects that are active and using the BigQuery API?

Hey Jon,

thanks for the warm welcome and your rapid reply.

There was a problem with the rights. We resolved it. Thanks for pinpointing back to us as the root cause :smiley:

See you :slight_smile:

Hey @mtruss,

I would have through if it worked for Integromat it would also work fine for us as it is the same API being used (or should be).

If you check the Gogle cloud console does it show any request errors? I am not sure if you have already tried it but if you click on the little cogs there is an option to refresh the list does that change anything? Is there also any errors showing in the n8n console logs?

Hey Jon,

thanks for the warm welcome and your rapid reply.

There was a problem with the rights. We resolved it. Thanks for pinpointing back to us as the root cause :smiley:

See you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @mtruss,

That is good to hear :+1: Happy automating :tada: