Google BigQuery The property 'references' is a RECORD type when not using property

Describe the problem/error/question

I’m trying to push data to big query, I’m only pushing manually “set” variables, all of them are string, It’s possible that target table has “references” but I’m not pushing those.
I’m directly replicating 2 node workflow I have in Zappier that does exactly same thing.

What is the error message (if any)?

ERROR: The property ‘references’ is a RECORD type, but the value is nor an object nor a valid JSON string

Please share your workflow

Share the output returned by the last node

ERROR: The property ‘references’ is a RECORD type, but the value is nor an object nor a valid JSON string

Field Schema: [{“name”:“value”,“type”:“RECORD”,“mode”:“NULLABLE”,“fields”:[{“name”:“id”,“type”:“INTEGER”,“mode”:“NULLABLE”},{“name”:“type”,“type”:“STRING”,“mode”:“NULLABLE”}]}]

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 1.20.0
  • Database (default: SQLite): default
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): default
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): n8n cloud
  • Operating system: default

I no longer need help with this but this node has some bugs.

1 Like

Hi @Mateusz_Bijakowski :wave: Glad to hear you got this sorted - would you mind posting your solution, and the bugs you encountered so we can take a closer look? :eyes:

Node kept complaining that valid JSON (that I don’t push) is not valid.
Trying to push it also didn’t work.

I just removed that whole column from target table as I didn’t need it and it stopped trying to update it.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.