Google Calendar with created/updated date in the future?

Describe the issue/error/question

Everything was working fine until at one point updated event didn’t trigger anymore. It did work so why it suddenly stopped? But then I tried to get all the event, strangly enough, my timezone change for who knows what reason and the created date from google was in the future

It seems like the time offset is not there, I don’t know if n8n take that in calculation or not, but for now, my other event update trigger doesn’t give me any result.

What is the error message (if any)?

The error is that the node don’t find any event

Please share the workflow

(Select the nodes and use the keyboard shortcuts CMD+C/CTRL+C and CMD+V/CTRL+V to copy and paste the workflow respectively)

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

  • n8n version: 0.213.0
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite): SQLite (had some error from time to time)
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]:
  • Running n8n via [Docker, npm,, desktop app]: Docker

Just added TZ : America/Montreal in the ENV variable of the docker, didn’t fix it

Just correct the env variable to “GENERIC_TIMEZONE” to “America/Montreal” then to " America/New_York" rebooted, still the same time in the result

I don’t get it…

Looks like the integration should maybe always use UTC. Can you try setting this specific workflow to UTC in the workflow settings?

Tried, didn’t work

Hi @ZeFish, I am sorry for the trouble.

From looking at the screenshot in your first post I don’t quite understand the problem though. 14:04 Montreal time would be 19:04 UTC which is past the created date returned by Google’s Calendar API. So no future date, but potentially still unexpected behaviour.

Are you also encountering this problem when using older versions of n8n? If so, could you confirm which version exactly introduced the issue? This could help with narrowing it down a bit.

In the meantime I’ve set up a test workflow myself, though so far I haven’t seen any issues with the Google Calendar trigger node (despite also using a non-UTC time zone).

Hi!! Thanks for taking the time!

I was thinking that the date was in future in a sense that if the n8n node is looking to event that has been updated since local time, no event will apear since their updated time is in the future from a local point of view.

It’s hard for me to explain but here I made a video.

n8n is able to fetch all the event in a calendar just fine but the updated trigger (or created) don’t send me any result. I made a little video to showcase the bug I encounter.

Yet again thanks for your time!

I’ve found a way to replicate the bug!

I’ve been trying to find the difference in the code between the CalendarTrigger and Calendar node files. Everything seems fine but!!! There is a different api call when selecting “Return All” or not.

Seems like there is a bug when I ask for only one event (exactly the same call when the CalendarTrigger is trying to fetch manual event). It seems that by the time I ask for 40 event or less, the api return nothing

Here again, I made a video to show you

and in the calendartrigger, in manual mode, the query is limited to one result so I get nothing when testing it

Ok I’m confused, it seems I have the bug even when directly calling the google api… It looks like there is something going one the paginated result

Here’s a video showing when playing with paginated result, sorry I was a bit confuse as I realised the problem is a bit more complex than I thought.

I’ve emptied the trash and now the google api call return the result and it also works in n8n

So in the google api calls, I did managed to get the result with the option “singleEvent:true” but I’m just confused… don’t know why. Then I’ve look at the trash of the calendar and there were not too far from the quantity of 40. To be honest, I’m getting a little lost in all of this, but there seems to be a scenario where google would not return the proper results.

There is an option “showDeleted” in the google api that might be worth checking, in my test it didn’t make any change but it’s a lead.

Same bug here

Hopefully I gave you some insight

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.