Google Cloud node - Delay First time

Describe the problem/error/question

Hi all,
The first time, the workflow calls the node “Google Cloud”, it takes 5 minutes to upload a small image.
If I renew the operation few seconds later, it takes only 2 secondes.

If I wait 1 hour, same problem happens again. It seems that the node is sleeping :slight_smile:

Do you have an idea ?

Thank you for your help

• n8n version: 1.26.0
  • Database (default: SQLite): SQLite
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): own
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): Docker
  • Operating system:

Hi @romeo_roy :wave: That sounds like the credential is expiring after an hour - this would actually be the default for Google Cloud credentials :sweat_smile: Here’s a few ways you can get around it.

Thank you @EmeraldHerald. I didn’t think about that.

1 Like

@EmeraldHerald, after searching what is the best solution ?
I creat a new workflow where I try to access to the Google Cloud Storage every hour ?

If you’re still running into this limitation after using OAuth2 where you can also request a refresh token, you might want to consider a Service Account!

@EmeraldHerald,
I created the service Account and I created a new credential Google Service Account Api in N8N.
The problem is that in the node “Google Cloud Storage”, I can not select my new credential. Only OAuth credentials seem to be allowed.
Is there a trick ?

Thank you

Actually I found in the doc that this node is not compatible with Service Account

Hi @romeo_roy :wave: Ah, I didn’t see that :see_no_evil: My apologies!

Either way that is how long the API is taking to respond, so it’s not directly a node issue :thinking:

I created a new workflow and every hour, I get the same file in Google Cloud Storage to awake the system. I don’t know if it will resolve my issue.