Google Cloud Storage Node times out first time and then works second time

I have a workflow Manually → Download file using Google Drive Node → update object using cloud storage node

After about an hour or so when I try to run this workflow, it just hangs at the google cloud storage node. However, and this is the weird part, if I stop the workflow and run it again, it runs fine.

It appears to be some sort of auth issue ? But get resolved when I runit again. And this behaviour is consistent. I don’t have to reauthenticate or anything. It just works the second time.

I need to run this workflow on a schedule so cancelling the job and retry is not an option.

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 1.22.6
  • Database (default: SQLite):SQLite
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):default
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):both
  • Operating system:linux

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hi @abhinav_gujjar :wave: Welcome to the community :tada:

Can you go into a little bit more detail about how you’re running n8n? You’ve put down “both” but there’s more than two options there :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I have the same issue. When I execute the workflow manually, it’s very fast 2-3s but when I execute the workflow outside, it always takes 5 minutes and I have to force to retry.

I’m just adding a file to my bucket Google Cloud.

I’m using N8N Docker (last version)

Any idea ?