Google Contacts OAuth2 Credential Issue

Describe the issue/error/question

I have started to regularly run into credential error issues with the Google Contact node over the past month or so which causes my workflow to fail even though n8n shows my Google account as connected. When I reconnect my Google account, it works again, but then I experience the issue again not long later.

What is the error message (if any)?

NodeApiError: UNKNOWN ERROR - check the detailed error for more information
    at Object.googleApiRequest (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/Google/Contacts/GenericFunctions.js:26:15)
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5)
    at Object.execute (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/Google/Contacts/GoogleContacts.node.js:236:44)
    at Workflow.runNode (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-workflow/dist/Workflow.js:658:28)
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/WorkflowExecute.js:590:53

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 0.219.1
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite): SQLite
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]: ?
  • Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]: Docker

Hi @MortgageRockstar, is there a chance your Google Cloud app has its Publishing status set to Testing and User type set to External?

If so, this is expected I am afraid (it’s a limitation imposed by Google). You’d need to publish it for the authentication to last longer than 7 days:

Thanks @MutedJam .

Yes, My Google Cloud app’s publishing status was set to Testing and the user type was set to external. I have now published it and will report back if I have further issues.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.