Google Docs node (create) is erroring on the folder

## Describe the problem/error/question

• After setting up the credentials for Google Docs node, and using Google Consol to allow access to n8n.cloud, and installing Google Drive API and Google Docs API, the issue seems to be erroring on the folder. If you select a shared drive, you can do it with a drop down, but then if you go to select a folder, the drop-down doesn’t appear, so you have to input the ID, but when inputted, an error message shows.
    If you remove the folder name/id, it will create a google doc, but it will not save it into the Drive selected, but instead go straight into your personal drive, but create it circa 50 times.

## What is the error message (if any)?
ERROR: The resource you are requesting could not be found
404 - {“error”:{“code”:404,“message”:“File not found: 1KvPx7zRNtOqsl4k-IawXQkCJmQV5gGTC.”,“errors”:[{“message”:“File not found: 1KvPx7zRNtOqsl4k-IawXQkCJmQV5gGTC.”,“domain”:“global”,“reason”:“notFound”,“location”:“fileId”,“locationType”:“parameter”}]}} - File not found: 1KvPx7zRNtOqsl4k-IawXQkCJmQV5gGTC.
Time
04/03/2024, 13:14:17
HTTP Code
Stack
NodeApiError: The resource you are requesting could not be found
at Object.googleApiRequest (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/Google/Docs/GenericFunctions.js:33:15)
at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:95:5)
at Object.execute (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/Google/Docs/GoogleDocs.node.js:181:40)
at Workflow.runNode (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-workflow/dist/Workflow.js:730:19)
at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/WorkflowExecute.js:660:53
at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/WorkflowExecute.js:1062:20

## Please share your workflow

## Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: - 1.31.0
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): - n8n cloud
  • Operating system: - Windows 11

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:
  • n8n version: - 1.31.0
  • Database (default: SQLite): - unsure
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): - unsure
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): - n8n cloud
  • Operating system: - Windows 11

@declan1105 , I can reproduce the same problem.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Set up service account in GCP project with Google Drive API and Google Docs API enabled
  2. Create shared drive and share it with the service account user
  3. Create a folder inside shared drive and verify the permissions propagated and the folder is shared with the service account
  4. Google Drive node can see that folder (you can either pick it up from the drop-down list or get its ID with search option)
  5. Google Docs node can see the shared drive but not the folder and when using the folder ID to create a file in it the error pops up “File not found”
2 Likes

@ihortom do you know how I can get n8n to pick this up and log it as a bug?

:wave: I am going to take a look at this in the morning.

2 Likes

Hi @Jon, did you manage to look at this? We are struggling to build our workflow without this.

Going to check it this afternoon, I didn’t get a chance last week.

1 Like

Thanks @Jon, appreciate it

Alright I have taken a look and it looks like where the Docs node is a bit older we have not yet added support for shared drives to it.

I have created NODE-1225 as an internal ticket to get this added in the future.

2 Likes