Google Docs Update node: The resource you are requesting could not be found!

Hi pros,

I need help with this issue. I’m trying to update a Google document in Google Drive but I keep getting this error:

ERROR: The resource you are requesting could not be found

Requested entity was not found.

Doc ID seems correct, OAuth2 is correct and of the same Google drive account. Google cloud APIs activated for services: drive, docs, sheets.

I couldn’t solve it, any ideas?

Thank you

Share the output returned by the last node

{

“message”: “404 - {“error”:{“code”:404,“message”:“Requested entity was not found.”,“status”:“NOT_FOUND”}}”,

“name”: “Error”,

“stack”: “Error: Request failed with status code 404 at createError (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/core/createError.js:16:15) at settle (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/core/settle.js:17:12) at IncomingMessage.handleStreamEnd (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/adapters/http.js:269:11) at IncomingMessage.emit (node:events:525:35) at endReadableNT (node:internal/streams/readable:1358:12) at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:83:21)”

}

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 0.184.0
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite): deployed on heroku app

Hey @biznetcom,

Welcome to the community :tada:

That looks like the doc id is probably wrong, can you remove the expression and make sure it works without it? It is possible that one of the inputs is empty and that is resulting in the invalid value being sent.

Hi @Jon

I’ve tried it without expression in the Doc ID field, I got same error with different cause output:

{"message":"404 - \"<!DOCTYPE html>\\n<html lang=en>\\n  <meta charset=utf-8>\\n  <meta name=viewport content=\\\"initial-scale=1, minimum-scale=1, width=device-width\\\">\\n  <title>Error 404 (Not Found)!!1</title>\\n  <style>\\n    *{margin:0;padding:0}html,code{font:15px/22px arial,sans-serif}html{background:#fff;color:#222;padding:15px}body{margin:7% auto 0;max-width:390px;min-height:180px;padding:30px 0 15px}* > body{background:url(//www.google.com/images/errors/robot.png) 100% 5px no-repeat;padding-right:205px}p{margin:11px 0 22px;overflow:hidden}ins{color:#777;text-decoration:none}a img{border:0}@media screen and (max-width:772px){body{background:none;margin-top:0;max-width:none;padding-right:0}}#logo{background:url(//www.google.com/images/branding/googlelogo/1x/googlelogo_color_150x54dp.png) no-repeat;margin-left:-5px}@media only screen and (min-resolution:192dpi){#logo{background:url(//www.google.com/images/branding/googlelogo/2x/googlelogo_color_150x54dp.png) no-repeat 0% 0%/100% 100%;-moz-border-image:url(//www.google.com/images/branding/googlelogo/2x/googlelogo_color_150x54dp.png) 0}}@media only screen and (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio:2){#logo{background:url(//www.google.com/images/branding/googlelogo/2x/googlelogo_color_150x54dp.png) no-repeat;-webkit-background-size:100% 100%}}#logo{display:inline-block;height:54px;width:150px}\\n  </style>\\n  <a href=//www.google.com/><span id=logo aria-label=Google></span></a>\\n  <p><b>404.</b> <ins>That’s an error.</ins>\\n  <p>The requested URL <code>/v1/documents/:batchUpdate</code> was not found on this server.  <ins>That’s all we know.</ins>\\n\"","name":"Error","stack":"Error: Request failed with status code 404\n    at createError (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/core/createError.js:16:15)\n    at settle (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/core/settle.js:17:12)\n    at IncomingMessage.handleStreamEnd (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/adapters/http.js:269:11)\n    at IncomingMessage.emit (node:events:525:35)\n    at endReadableNT (node:internal/streams/readable:1358:12)\n    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:83:21)"}

That is odd, can you try updating to 192 and seeing if you have the same issue? That doc id is definitely the correct one right and there isn’t a typo in it or any extra characters.

I just tried to re-create the document in Google drive, updated the Doc ID from the input and it worked now. The issue was because the source document I was trying to update is .docx

not sure if this was my fault or it should have working with either document type.

1 Like

Ah yeah that will be it, I believe editing is only supported for google doc files.

1 Like