Google Drive Download File pined data lost upon deleting execution data

Hi, using online latest version 1.33.1

I pin the data in the Node: Google Drive Download File and then I delete execution data.
Pined data should stay there but it is deleted!

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hi @Cristian_DF :wave: Can you provide an example workflow where this is happening? It would be helpful to see what’s going on here, especially as binary data can’t be pinned. I tried pinning data to another node in my workflow and deleted the execution data, but my pinned data remained pinned.

You can copy and paste your workflow’s nodes by hitting ctrl/cmd + a and then ctrl/cmd + c, and then pasting this between two sets of three backticks (```).

Is a simple csv file and I use the option: “Put Output File in Field”. The workflow works great (ignoring the memory limit), and the only problem is that I can’t pin the data in Google Drive Node.

Unfortunately I had to stop using N8N because of low memory limit. I can’t handle a small 1-2 mb csv file, and in another workflow I can’t start the workflow with one pined image generated with OpenAI. Anyway I had to write lots of code in my workflows to make them work, so it was just a mater of time to end up using just plain code.
N8N is the most powerful tool I have tested, on top of any other existing option, but global variables should be enforced and simplified. And loops should allow cleanup after each iteration to avoid reaching memory limits. Current option resets entirely the data rendering the loop useless. Just my opinion.