Google Drive Error with "Create from Text" operations after 1.25.1 update

Describe the problem/error/question

I have a workflow that has been running fine daily as a job that writes data as a service account into google drive. After updating to 1.25.1 i started to experience this error with the node. I also subsequently updated to 1.26.0 now as well and the error continues.
This is using the google drive node with the “Create from text” operation

For now, I updated the workflow to use the option to write the data to binary and then leverage the google drive node’s “Upload” operation instead of writing directly from text and that is working fine.

What is the error message (if any)?

NodeApiError: UNKNOWN ERROR - check the detailed error for more information
    at Object.googleApiRequest (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/Google/Drive/v2/transport/index.js:37:26)
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:95:5)
    at Object.execute (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/Google/Drive/v2/actions/file/createFromText.operation.js:119:30)
    at Object.router (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/Google/Drive/v2/actions/router.js:48:41)
    at Object.execute (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/Google/Drive/v2/GoogleDriveV2.node.js:16:16)
    at Workflow.runNode (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-workflow/dist/Workflow.js:700:19)
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/WorkflowExecute.js:656:53
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/WorkflowExecute.js:1058:20

Please share your workflow

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 1.26.0
  • Database (default: SQLite): PostGres
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): Docker
  • Operating system:

Hey @Dan_Westness,

Thanks for this, Someone raised the same issue on GitHub but with less information. Knowing it is filesystem mode is a big help. I will try and get this fixed this week.

1 Like

I’ve struggled with it for a day until I think of checking forums. Thanks!

Any word on this regression?

Hey @Dan_Westness,

It is currently waiting to be picked up to fix. For now you could use the v1 version of the Google Drive node if you copy the node to a text editor and change the version to 1 then paste it back in.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip Jon. I didn’t even realize that you could do such a thing!

1 Like

I attempted to perform the step you mentioned here by changing:

"type": "n8n-nodes-base.googleDrive",
        "typeVersion": 3,

to

"type": "n8n-nodes-base.googleDrive",
        "typeVersion": 1,

but this results in a node as this:

Hey @Dan_Westness,

That looks right, So you would need to select the Create file option again as we renamed it in v2.