Google drive trigger returning a 404 when executed

Hello All, I have started exploring n8n recently and my goal is to leverage it to watch on a google drive folder and when a set of files dropped I need to pgp encrypt the file and SFTP those.

Describe the issue/error/question

I have created a service account and added the email address as content manager on the shared drive folder, Google drive API is enabled on my google cloud project. In my workflow I have added the Google drive trigger and was testing just that by manually executing but I am getting a 404.

Error message

When folder id set : {"message":"No data with the current filter could be found"}
When url is set : {"message":"404 - {\"error\":{\"errors\":[{\"domain\":\"global\",\"reason\":\"notFound\",\"message\":\"File not found: .\",\"locationType\":\"parameter\",\"location\":\"fileId\"}],\"code\":404,\"message\":\"File not found: .\"}}","name":"Error","stack":"Error: Request failed with status code 404\n at createError (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/core/createError.js:16:15)\n at settle (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/core/settle.js:17:12)\n at IncomingMessage.handleStreamEnd (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/adapters/http.js:269:11)\n at IncomingMessage.emit (node:events:538:35)\n at endReadableNT (node:internal/streams/readable:1345:12)\n at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:83:21)"}

Workflow

Hi @Deshdeep, welcome to the community!

It seems your trigger can’t find any files from looking at the error message. Does your service account own any files?

If not, could you try using OAuth2 authentication to check if the node can access your own files this way?

Hi @mutedJam Yes the service account was added as content manager for the drive. Does that implies SA is owner? Also, if I have to do same in a GCP bucket is there a trigger you can recommend for it?

I’ll try OAuth2 authentication and let you know how I go.

Cheers