Google Maps integration

Hello,

It would be nice if you could integrate Google Maps API, Places API in particular.

Many thanks,
Abdoulaye

Meanwhile, you can try node uProc.

Under geographical resource, you can find tools like “Get locations by name” or “Get locations by parameters”.

Both tools use Google maps places API plus extra information like emails and Tax ID (for Spanish companies). This data is not available in Google.

2 Likes

@abdoulaye

Thank you for bringing this up. I’ll take a closer look this week.

1 Like

Thanks ! I didn’t know this solution but it rocks :grinning:

1 Like

Cool !

Can’t wait to test it :+1:

Would love to see this, since Google’s API can mostly be used for free and uProc is paid

For example, at the moment I’m needing to convert a country name to an ISO code, which Google definitely can achieve

It depends on what you are trying to do.

I think there is a free tier for Google maps.
Geocoding and places search are paid :slightly_frowning_face:

I am the creator of uProc :wink:

1 Like

I did say mostly :wink: but then, you get USD200 per month usage for free - which my use case falls well into, so any paid solution at all vs Google is a no-brainer. Plus, Google bills actual usage, not blocks starting from EUR25. So, if I only use USD3.00 over several months, I’ve only spent USD3, not 8x as much

2 Likes

Yes! You are right.
If you only look for Google Maps, it makes sense.

If you want to do data verification, enrichment and so on… paying multiple subscriptions makes no sense to me :wink:

Totally get that but yeah - everything I need fits within either the free tier of Google or within the $200/mo free usage, so it’s the most practical option for us :slight_smile:

1 Like