Google Maps integration

Hello,

It would be nice if you could integrate Google Maps API, Places API in particular.

Many thanks,
Abdoulaye

1 „Gefällt mir“

Meanwhile, you can try node uProc.

Under geographical resource, you can find tools like “Get locations by name” or “Get locations by parameters”.

Both tools use Google maps places API plus extra information like emails and Tax ID (for Spanish companies). This data is not available in Google.

2 „Gefällt mir“

@abdoulaye

Thank you for bringing this up. I’ll take a closer look this week.

1 „Gefällt mir“

Thanks ! I didn’t know this solution but it rocks :grinning:

1 „Gefällt mir“

Cool !

Can’t wait to test it :+1:

Would love to see this, since Google’s API can mostly be used for free and uProc is paid

For example, at the moment I’m needing to convert a country name to an ISO code, which Google definitely can achieve

It depends on what you are trying to do.

I think there is a free tier for Google maps.
Geocoding and places search are paid :slightly_frowning_face:

I am the creator of uProc :wink:

1 „Gefällt mir“

I did say mostly :wink: but then, you get USD200 per month usage for free - which my use case falls well into, so any paid solution at all vs Google is a no-brainer. Plus, Google bills actual usage, not blocks starting from EUR25. So, if I only use USD3.00 over several months, I’ve only spent USD3, not 8x as much

2 „Gefällt mir“

Yes! You are right.
If you only look for Google Maps, it makes sense.

If you want to do data verification, enrichment and so on… paying multiple subscriptions makes no sense to me :wink:

Totally get that but yeah - everything I need fits within either the free tier of Google or within the $200/mo free usage, so it’s the most practical option for us :slight_smile:

1 „Gefällt mir“

Bump. Any updates?

Any update? Would love to see google maps POI access in N8N

1 „Gefällt mir“

Me too? Is there any guide on how can I do it myself and contribute it?

I am looking out for a simple Google maps integration node…Does anyone know of this yet?

There is no node for it but you can use api sir with the HTTP node.

Long thread, I know — but wanted to close the loop since it’s still active.

I built a community node for this: n8n-nodes-google-maps-platform. It covers:

  • Geocoding — address ↔ coordinates
  • Directions (Get Route) — origin/destination + optional waypoints → distance, duration, polyline
  • Distance Matrix — batch origins × destinations → distance/duration for every pair
  • Timezone — coordinates + timestamp → IANA timezone ID

It’s built on Google’s current Routes API for Directions/Distance Matrix, not the legacy Directions/Distance Matrix APIs — those are feature-frozen and can’t even be enabled on a new Google Cloud project anymore, so this should actually hold up rather than launching already out of date.

Install: Settings → Community Nodes → n8n-nodes-google-maps-platform

Repo/docs: GitHub - AndrewRatnikov/n8n-nodes-google-maps-platform · GitHub — credential setup walkthrough, the billing gotchas that bit me while building this (Google requires a billing account even for the free tier, and Distance Matrix bills per element — origins × destinations, not per request), and a worked example with real output.

The example in the README: geocode a list of property addresses, then get distance/duration to a set of amenities in one batch call — happy to share the exact workflow JSON here if anyone wants to import it directly, just ask.

It’s also usable as a tool by AI Agent nodes, if that’s relevant to what you’re building.

It’s brand new and not officially verified yet, so if you hit something broken, please open an issue on the repo — genuinely want to fix it.