Google OAuth2 API Credential Error 400: invalid_request

Describe the issue/error/question

I have used the documentation to setup testing credentials for the Goolge OAuth2 API and I keep on getting the same error when I try to sign in:

error message

Access blocked: Authorization Error
You can’t sign in to this app because it doesn’t comply with Google’s OAuth 2.0 policy for keeping apps secure.

You can let the app developer know that this app doesn’t comply with one or more Google validation rules.
Learn more about this error

If you are a developer of Chrome backend test, see error details.

Error 400: invalid_request

I looked up the error and found the following “possible” solution

Google OAuth 2.0 failing with Error 400: invalid_request for some client_id, but works well for others in the same project - Stack Overflow

The current recommendation from google is to move to use localhost/loopback redirects as recommended here: instructions-oob or use the OAuth for devices flow if you are using non-sensitive scopes and need a headless solution.

I am not sure if this is the solution. However, any help here would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Hey @Extend_yourself,

I have not seen that error before, Can you share a little bit more on what you did to set up the app and what api options have been enabled?

Thank you for the quick response again!!!
So I am running this on a self hosted server and I created a cloud account and it works on the cloud account. This shows me that it’s an issue with how I setup my self hosted server :slight_smile: I will investigate more.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.