Google sheet bug, can't change the field in to expression or delete

I have a Google Sheets node in which one of the fields in Map each column manually mode can’t be altered or deleted.

In Map Automatically mode, this field simply isn’t passed to the sheet.

I have tried to rename the field on both ends and created a new node, but I am still experiencing the same behavior.

Information on your n8n setup

• **n8n version:1.36.2
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • **n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • **Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):Docker
  • **Operating system:Linux

I’m a little confused because you’re showing the manual mapping mode? Is that just to show the name? Can you just manually map it?

If you are having trouble with the automatic mapping the only thing I could think is the names don’t match (like with a trailing space in the sheet), but the default behavior of that would be to create a new header item which doesn’t seem to be happening for you.

Can you try deleting that column and trying again?

Hey @liam Thanks you.

I had already followed your suggestions before posting. To clarify the issue further, I’ve created a video demonstrating my attempts to map and delete the field.

https://youtu.be/kRDP5YHQ42w.

That’s strange.
Have you tried manually typing it in?

I haven’t run across this before, I’ll forward this to the support team

I tried, but I was only able to type it in; I couldn’t switch to expression mode. Also, the changes don’t save.

Here is the video https://youtu.be/2fkvQ77Vbxs

Hi @Ruslan_Yanyshyn!

I wasn’t able to replicate it myself but that’s definitely interesting. I’ll make a bug ticket. A couple of questions though first:

1. Did you delete that column from the google sheet after you set up the Google Sheets node?
  2. Can you duplicate and anonymize the sheet you have (and share the link with me) so that I can pass it along to our engineering team for debugging?

Thank you!

Hi @Ludwig ,

I was finally able to fix it through a rather weird process. I had to create this row at the end of the sheet and then move it to the actual position. When I tried to create it in the right position by using the “Insert 1 column left” context menu feature, it didn’t work for some reason unknown to me.

So, to replicate it, try creating a sheet with some columns and then insert a column somewhere in between.

Thank you!